Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My cat is obsessed with me!

I thought cats were supposed to be stand-offish? Mysterious and aloof so that we, their caretakers, are always left wanting more.

Not my Eleanor Roseypelt. She is obsessed with me. 

<----- This is the pretty lady.

Just look at her all smug and self-satisfied because she tricked me into giving her some attention.

I've had the cat nearly 10 years now. She's always been fond of me, but lately she's taken her affection to a whole new, creepy, Single White Feline kind of level...

She's always got to be with me. And always ON me.  She can't sit next to me, nooo. That does not provide enough tactile comfort. Only my lap will do for this finicky girl. Well, it's been in the 100's here in sunny Carolina, and I don't know about you, but I don't want to sit with a furry heat factory on my lap all night; it's hot!

"Oh, you foolish human," she laughs. "As if you had a choice!"

I went away last week, and I know she missed me, but this is ridiculous. She follows me through the house, wrapping her tail around my leg. When I wake up in the morning, there she is, wrapped in the crook of my arm, or worse, sandwiched between my legs so I can't move.

And this morning? When I opened the curtain after my shower? There she is on the edge of the tub, staring up at me with those huge Puss 'N Boots eyes. Just begging me to stay home from work and pet her.

Those of you familiar with the Dr. Demento favorite, Star Trekkin' Across the Universe may now sing in unison: "There's Klingons on the starboard bow! Scrape them off, Jim!" (Yeah, that was a bit offsides, wasn't it?)

Well, she may be an albatross around my neck, but she's a damn cute albatross, isn't she?

Yeah. I think I'll keep her.

2 comments:

  1. We were just listening to that song the other day! How wacky is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Well, I think of it every time my little (HOT) girl jumps in my lap!

      Delete