Tuesday, July 3, 2012

MHRM 6100 + Week 2


My first assigned blog! We are asked to blog about our experiences with mobile technology and social media.

Well, part of my responsibilities as a Marketing Coordinator for our hospital is to monitor our health system's social media presence. Therefore I spend a good part of my day on Facebook. Yes, it's turned into a little bit of an obsession. I've also used Twitter and ask any of my friends, they'll tell you I'm OBSESSED with Foursquare! I can't help it; I like people to know where I am at all times!




I'm very much a Generation Xer – I subscribe to several RSS feeds (heaven forbid I miss even one post from my favorite websites!). But blogging... this is new to me. I set up this site, but then never created a post. It's really nice to have an excuse to do so now!

One question we were asked was "do you think [mobile technology and social media] could be used differently to enhance their benefit in learning?"

Absolutely! I think there is a great opportunity to use this technology for learning. Why attend a lecture when you could listen to a podcast while on the run? Follow up with fellow classmates on Twitter instead of waiting for an email response. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment