Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Shoutouts

Just a few things that I found interesting this week. Here's a couple things I wanna give a shoutout to this week:


1. Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long blog. 


I know, I know. It's not new. Created during the infamous Hollywood writers' strike by the genius that is Joss Whedon, it's a 45-minute web series about hapless villain Dr. Horrible. I've had the songs in my head all week. Best line? "The world is a mess and I need to rule it." Dr. Horrible. Tell a friend.  http://drhorrible.com/ 



2. Bed Head's Candy Fixation Sugar Shock. I love this stuff! It makes your hair wavy and gives it a beach wave kind of texture. Did I mention it smells like cotton candy?



3. Backyard cookouts. My friends invited me to a cookout last night. Grilled chicken with chimichurri, corn on the cob and delicious grilled pineapple. It was a perfect meal. And I tried blood sausage! I thought it was delicious, but I'll do you all a favor and not include a picture!


Cookouts are my favorite part of the summer. I love the smell of the charcoal and the slight char on my food. It brings back so many memories of my dad at the backyard barbecue, grilling up steaks, hamburgers, chicken... anything he could find! Delicious memories, I tell you. Speaking of...


4. My dad, Larry Deffendall. It's his birthday. He would've been 73 today, but we lost him four years ago to cancer. I have a hard time each year on this day. I can't get him out of my head. We had a very complicated relationship, my dad and me. It's a regret of mine, though I am so grateful we had the opportunity to repair a lot of things before his passing.


I hope he's happy. I hope he's upstairs golfing and grilling with the Big Guy. And most of all, I hope he is proud of me. I miss him every day.


Happy birthday, Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment