Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Shoutouts

Happy Sunday all! I hope everybody is having a wonderful weekend! 

I am straight chillin' in the house today as I got a little too much sun at yesterday's Ribbon Walk and Ride for Cancer, but what a great experience it was! Check out my awesome team:



We dressed all 80's style because we were the Valley Girls (we work at Cape Fear Valley, get it?), but now I have some very strange tan lines due to all the layered tank tops and bracelets... C'est la vie!

Anyway, that's my first shootout! The event was awesome -- kudos to my co-workers, Tara Hinton and Jason Brady, and everyone else who had a hand in putting it together. Great job, y'all! Another thanks to everyone who came out. I was walking for my dad, who we lost to liver cancer, and my friend, Angel, who lost his battle with stomach cancer earlier this year. It really touched my heart to see all the survivors out there walking in the heat. And everyone walking in support of survivors and victims! It was so inspiring.

I've got some products I want to give a shout out to. 

First, and people are probably getting sick of hearing me talk about it, but I have to rave about Ulta brand nail polish again! I usually only buy pretty pricey nail polish brands because my nails are weak. They bend a lot and my nail polish just chips right off. Like right off. Like 12 hours later with the cheap stuff. 

I've had some good success with some nicer brands like OPI and Butter London. But even those don't last more than 2 days before they start to chip. But Ulta put their polish on sale for $2 this month (what a steal!) and I needed some hot pink for my Valley Girl costume, right? RIGHT! 

So I tried it and I am in love! The first color I tried, I had it on for 6 days and not one chip! I only had to take it off so I could apply my pink for today's walk. And speaking of pink, take a look at this polish! I just love it. So bright and smooth. Did I mention this was only ONE COAT?!?!? Ulta nail polish girls, go getcha some!

While I was at Ulta I asked the sales girl about lip gloss, yet another makeup product I can't manage to keep on my body for any length of time. Apparently, I suck my lip in when I think. As a writer, I think a lot. So I chew off my lip gloss within an hour of putting it on. Every time. If I get the really thick kind it'll last a little longer, but it is always really sticky and my hair sticks to it. Ew. Eating hair all day sucks.

Sales girl recommended Smashbox to me. Apparently they have a line of lip gloss called Limitless wear. It's not limitless, no, but it did manage to stay on my lips through four hours of thinking, lip biting AND diet coke sipping. That is a pretty glowing recommendation, if you ask me. Smashbox, kids, tell your friends. Check it out here!

Tisha UnArmed.
As you can see by her T-shirt, she has quite the sense of humor!
My last shout out? Have you all ever heard of Tisha UnArmed? This is a girl who was born with no arms and one leg shorter than the other. Does she let that slow her down? Hell to the no! What an inspiration! Tisha drives, she dresses herself, showers herself, she even eats sushi! Check out her YouTube channel and you will never complain about your easy life again. OK, you might. I probably still will. But I'll feel REALLY BAD about it!

Have a good Sunday, y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment