Friday, August 17, 2012

MHRM 6100 + Week 8


My last week of my first class in the Human Resources Management program.... I vow not to make this my last blog post though! I've wanted to do this for a while; I've GOT to keep going!

For the last time we are to talk about Tuckman's model of team development  and where our class fits in the model.

If I'm 100% honest, I don't think we've moved a tick since week 6! Everyone is still very agreeable with one another. Every post begins with "I agree with you!" Though it can be followed by some challenging questions, which I like. Still, I find we are holding strong in between Storming and Norming. Storming is the stage where team members start to disagree in order to get their ideas across.  In the norming stage, team members may disagree but they are able to get past these disagreements and work together (Chaneski, 2009, 34).

I think the use of technology has definitely supported the class throughout the course. I love the way the Blackboard makes it so easy to share a link to illustrate a point and last week's use of PowerPoint presentations made each person's thoughts incredibly clear and easy to understand.

A project charter is like the definition of the project - what is trying to be accomplished, who is taking part, what are their roles, etc. Knowing what is expected of us, as clearly stated in the syllabus will definitely help us stay a team and move forward through the degree plan together. If the class stays together through future courses, I think we will eventually completely break through the Storming and Norming stages and be comfortable in the Performing stage of Tuckman's model, where we function as a cohesive unit.



References

Chaneski, Wayne S. (2009, August). The stages teams go through. Modern Machine Shop82(3), 34-36.

No comments:

Post a Comment