Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hungering for a better choice...

So Lions Gate announced some cast members for the Hunger Games' sequel Catching Fire today! Among them was the character I was most looking forward to seeing on the big screen, sexy little Mr. Finnick Odair!

Who'd they choose? This guy....





Excuse me if you can't hear me over the sound of tires screeching, but what the FRENCH?!? This is NOT Finnick! With sea-green eyes, a glorious tan and a beautiful swimmer's body, Finnick is (what would be) a California boy! This guy is British and he looks it! Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not Finnick!

Here's further evidence:


He's wearing a scarf for chrissakes! Finnick does NOT wear scarves! I just don't get it. Say what you want about the casting they have done thus far, but I think it's spot on! Donald Sutherland is just the President Snow I envisioned. And Seneca Crane??? Forget about it! He's perfect!

I even got behind some of their stranger choices, like Liam Hemsworth as Gale and *ahem* Lenny Kravitz as Cinna (???). A lot of people criticize Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss, but I say pshaw! With the exception of my beautiful, but sadly too-young niece, Kayleigh, there is no more perfect Katniss. Just look at her!


But I just can't get behind the Claflin-guy or whatever his name is as my darling Finnick! This has to be the worst bit of casting since, what??? Oh yeah.......





No comments:

Post a Comment