Tuesday, January 15, 2013

5 Things I Learned From the Golden Globes

Sunday was the Golden Globes – one of the few chances for Hollywood's golden stars of film to rub elbows with the unwashed masses from television. But seriously, how great was it to see Amy Poehler hobnobbing – even canoodling – with George Clooney???


This year was one of the best yet. Tina Fey and Poehler were way more beautiful and witty than the host from the past few years, Ricky Gervais! On top of being entertained, I learned a lot! Here's the scoop:

1. I need to see Silver Linings Playbook. Like, NEED to.

I love Bradley Cooper. I love Jennifer Lawrence. Put them together and that's reason enough to go, in my book. But the Hollywood Foreign Press Association gave J.Law the award for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical over Meryl Streep, Maggie Smith, Judi Dench and Emily Blunt. Those are some serious names, y'all. And it's got me thinking she probably did a pretty good job. I gotta check it out!

2. Jodi Foster is cuckoo catchoo. Like, seriously. Not because she's a lesbian. Not because she thought it was witty to come out without really coming out. But because seems to be under the impression she can be an actress of her stature and still expect an amount of privacy. Jodi. you already have as much privacy as you're going to get. You want more? You may want to look into a new career.

3. The world needs to have more awards for Anne Hathaway. I love this woman. She is talented, she is beautiful and she can SING! I thought her speech was adorable and touching and I could watch her win shit all day long.

4. Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner are adorable. I have loved Ben Affleck for years. I love that he's not afraid to make fun of himself. And he's a damn good director! I hate that he was not nominated for Best Director for the Oscars! If you ask me, both of them need to look good ol' Academy straight in the eyes and say, "Argo fuck yourselves!" 

See the movie. You'll get that one.

Seriously. See the movie. It's great!

5. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are the bomb.com! 


There were many highlights from the evening courtesy of these two, including Tina Fey asking Taylor Swift to stay away from Michael J. Fox's son because she needed some alone time to heal. As I saw on the Internet the other day, when is someone going to write a song about Taylor Swift titled, "Maybe it's Me"?

Here's some other winner from the duo:


"When it comes to torture, I trust the lady who spent three years married to James Cameron" -- Poehler referring to Kathryn Bigelow, the director of the movie "Zero Dark Thirty," a movie featuring the torture of terror detainees.

"I have not seen someone so totally alone and abandoned like that since you were on stage with James Franco at the Oscars," Fey to Anne Hathaway about the latter's performance in "Les Miserables."

The way they introduced George Clooney: "This next presenter is so handsome he makes young George Clooney look like garbage. Please welcome middle-aged George Clooney."

Great show ladies; hope to see you next year!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment