Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Shoutouts 2: Return of the Shoutouts!

It's been a while since I've done a Sunday Shoutout, so here are a few of the things I've seen and appreciated recently!

First, the premier for Season 6 Mad Men was announced! Woot!



AMC will begin airing the next season of the best television show ever created on Sunday, April 7. Spring, here's one more reason you are my favorite season! I can't wait to catch up with Don, Peggy, Joan, sexy silver fox Roger Sterling and even creepy Pete!

KMS Free Shape Quick Blow Dry. Those of you with thick hair, heed this! My hairstylist recommended this to me. My individual hair strands are fine, but there's a lot of it on my head and it takes forever to dry of a mornin'. Standing there with your head bent forward waiting for your hair to dry? Ain't nobody got time for that!

But the Quick Blow Dry helps hair dry faster while adding heat protection and shine to your hair. Truly, I love it! It did speed up my dry time significantly (now I can actually get it all dry instead of arriving at work with still damp hair because this non-morning person did not get up early enough to dry her entire head of hair)! And my hair is noticeably softer. Thanks for the tip, Rachel! I give this product two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Ipsy.com! Have you heard of this site? Well, maybe I should be thanking the uber-beautiful and trendy and sweet Kandee Johnson for turning me onto it! Makeup lovers, remember this website, because it promises to be awesome. For the low, low price of $10 a month you can get a monthly glam bag mailed to you filled with all kinds of beauty goodies – and these are not lame samples, these are high quality, name brand items!
This month's bag contains a sample size of Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Spray, Pacifica's Tuscan Orange Body Butter, a FULL SIZE Nailtini nail color, Josie Maran Argan Oil and a Soho makeup brush! If you're counting, that's worth way more than $10, so in the wise words of philosopher Charlie Sheen, WINNING!

The CW's The Carrie Diaries. Based on Candace Bushnell's prequel to her other novel, Sex and the City, The Carrie Diaries should not be compared to the HBO show (also known as a half hour of perfection) or really, to the Carrie Diaries book. Many changes have been made, but the feeling and heart of the show feels true to me, so I'm game!




The show centers around Carrie Bradshaw, a senior in high school trying to regroup after the death of her mother. She lives in small  town Connecticut, but dreams of life in the big city - Manhattan! In the pilot, Carrie begins an internship at a law firm, hoping to distract herself from life without Mom. When she snags her hose when falling on the sidewalk (a classic HBO Carrie Bradshaw moment!), she's forced to go buy more at Century 21, where she bumps into an edgy reporter from Interview magazine! Now she's swept up into the glamorous New York lifestyle!

The series takes place in the 80s so the soundtrack is kickin'! And the costumes are totes 80s, so I love them! Of course, as with the original Carrie Bradshaw series, each episode is narrated by our leading lady. But there's no Samantha. No Miranda or Charlotte. Not even a Big. At least not yet. But, fans of Sex and the City, I recommend you check out the Carrie Diaries. But I urge you, don't overanalyze! It's not meant to be a literal prequel to the HBO show. Just sit back and take it for what it is – a fun, fashion-filled romp, a fan letter to New York City through the eyes of one much younger, much more innocent Carrie Bradshaw. Enjoy!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment