Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Ten Day "You" Challenge: 10 Secrets


I probably shouldn't be starting this before I head to visit family for a few days, but I saw this on a few blogs that I follow and I couldn't resist. It's the Ten Day You Challenge, where I blog a little something about myself every day for ten days. Who's ready to see what you can learn about me and what I learn about myself?

Day One – 10 Secrets

  1. I'm a bigger reality TV junky than I let people know. True, I don't really know what goes on with the Real Housewives anywhere, but I love Food Network's Chopped, Next Food Network Star and The Next Iron Chef. I also love Bravo's Top Chef (I recently died when I found out the uber-sexy Fabio made am appearance in town and I did not hear about it until afterward) and Fox's Hell's Kitchen. Basically, if you throw a camera in a kitchen with a bunch of people, I'll watch it. I don't give my reality TV love only to chefs, however. I'm a Survivor junky and since it's just become summer, I'll share that summertime belongs to Big Brother! My sweet, guilty pleasure!
  2. I tend to obsess on things. Not creepy stalker obsessive. But, yeah. If I like an actor, actress or director, I have to see everything they've ever done! Sometimes that leads me to gems, like watching Peter Jackson's Heavenly Creatures because I loved The Lord of the Rings so much! Sometimes it's not so good and I want to forget the things I've seen. Let's pretend you never made the A-Team, okay Bradley Cooper? And Kevin Smith, I'll forget Jersey Girl if you will! It's also why I am currently burning through episodes of The Tudors like a house on fire. I love you, Henry Cavill!
  3. I love video games. I enjoy playing them, but I also enjoy sitting back and watching others play. That's right, gentleman; take note! I am lady who will rarely complain that your gameplay is keeping me from my "stories." In fact, I used to have this friend who was always sick of watching her husband play God of War. She's look to me for back up. But, in all honesty, I got lost in the story. I actually liked watching him play. Sorry, girl. Can't back you up!
  4. I worry that I'll have no one to care for me when I get old and decrepit. Don't get me wrong, I love my single life. I date and have fun, but I've never settled down and had kids. Now that I'm older and facing mortality (yeah, I know, I'm not even 40 yet, so I need to chill), I sometimes look at my 91-year-old grandmother and wonder who will care for me when I am her age.
  5. Crowds freak me out. I think that's why I get pissed off at WalMart. I can't stand to have my exits impeded. Yeah. You wanna piss me off? Be one of those two elderly ladies who pick the end of the buffet line at a wedding or the tiniest walkway at a party to stop and have a conversation! If I can't get by it makes me nervous. Which will manifest itself in bitchiness. So just let me by and we'll all be happy, K?
  6. Overly picky eaters bug me. I mean, don't get me wrong. You don't have to love every food. I don't like onions! Or most mushrooms! But I've lived in the South long enough to see my fair share of eaters (mostly men, but not always) who refuse to put a vegetable in their mouths. If it's not meat, covered in meat with sauce and more meat on the side, forget about it. And don't try to feed them any ethnic food, like Thai or Indian, even Chinese. Maybe growing up outside the nation's capital gave me a broader perspective about food and I shouldn't be so judgmental. But if I'm handing you a delicious bowl of Pad Thai and you won't even try it because it doesn't look like a piece of fried chicken, then I pity you, And yeah, I think you're a little silly. There. I said it. This has stopped numerous first dates from leading to second dates. If I had a dating profile, it should read "Unadventurous Eaters Need Not Apply."
  7. I am anal about my toenail polish. While it does not bother me to see others whose toe polish does not match their fingernail polish, I cannot stand it on myself! My toe color must match my finger color! The exception, of course, being if one set of digits is painted clear or in the French manicure style. That does not count. French manicured fingers pair nicely with a variety of toe colors, IMHO!
  8. I am addicted to Youtube tutorials. Mostly makeup ones, but really any tutorial will entertain me. I watched about a dozen on how to make the perfect ripped T-shirt. And I can watch makeup tutorials all day long. My favorites? I have several, but my top three have GOT to be:
    1. Kandee Johnson. AKA Kandee the Makeup Artist. This woman is just so damn cute! I just want to pull her through my laptop and give her hugs and make her my friend!
    2. Lisa Eldridge. Lisa is like the Bob of makeup videos. No. She doesn't put happy little trees everywhere. But her voice is so gorgeous and soothing. And her advice is very good. When she puts up a new video, I can't even wait to get home to watch it!
    3. Makeup By Tiffany D. I love this woman's style. Her makeup is always flawless and I want to be her when I grow up. Yes, I realize I am probably older than her. I still want to be her when I grow up.
  9. I'm a bit weepy. This is no secret for those close to me. But I try and hide it from the rest of the world. I'm happy? Tears of joy! Sad? More tears. And if I'm angry? Get the tissues ready. I cry every time I'm angry. More so than when I'm sad. I don't know what it is, I just don't know how to process those feelings and it comes out in tears. Yep. I'm a crier. So much so that is anyone could actually experience being bored to tears, it's probably me. Fortunately, I try to keep myself busy so I don't experience that. LOL
  10. I do not understand why women find Benedict Cumberbatch sexy. Everyone is entitle to their own opinion, sure. But I just don't get it.

Sex symbol (?) Benedict Cumberbatch
Why dream about this when you can dream about this???

My future husband and star of The Tudors and Man of Steel, Henry Cavill.
That's all for today, kiddos. Back tomorrow with more about me! LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment