Friday, June 28, 2013

The Ten Day "You" Challenge: 9 Loves


I love a lot of things. It will be hard to narrow it down to just nine! But I will try...

Day Two: 9 Loves

Stella, Girl's Best Friend

  1. Forget Man's Best Friend. This is Girl's Best Friend.  My Stella. She is my heart, my child, my best friend. I never knew how close a human could feel to their pet before her. But I can't help it, I always had cats before her!
  2. My family. This could and should really go first. I have an amazing family. My mother is so artistic and kind and funny! My brother has always been a kind and supportive older brother. He married a wonderful lady and they have five amazing kids, each of whom I adore! Family life may not always be perfect. But I love them all anyway!
  3. The Spring and the Fall. When the air is crisp and not too hot and not too cool. It makes you just happy to be alive! Days off during this time are the best when I can sit on my back porch, enjoy a cup of coffee and take in the air. Ah, it's the best!
  4. My friends. Moving from a town I lived in since first grade was difficult for me. But after many years, I feel like I have a great group of very stable friends. From my co-workers to my trivia and fashion blog buddies, to my beloved bestie, Rachael. I just love you all and I am so glad you're in my life!
  5. Fashion. I used to hate buying clothes. But my friend, Kelly, recently turned me on to the world of online shopping and now I can't seem to stop! Forever 21, The Avenue, City Chic! I can't stop online shopping. Keep up with my fashionable adventures on the plus size fashion blog I share with my friends, Horizontal Stripes!
  6. My car. Yeah, it might be lame. But this past November I found myself for the first time in my adult life in a position where I could actually take my time and shop for a car that I wanted and I love my little baby. She is so fun to drive! 
  7. Thai food. I think I covered this yesterday. I love to try new foods. But I find Thai to be my most favorite cuisine thus far. Rich, sweet curries, like Panang. Spicy fresh salads. Fresh cilantro in almost everything... Yum!
  8. Polar bears, sloths and other weird but cute animals. It started when the baby polar bear Knut was born in a German zoo. He was so flippin' cute I decided I wanted one for myself. "He'll eat Stella!" everyone would say. But I know better. My polar bear will be a sweet, gentle soul because I will love him and cuddle him all the time and I will keep him well fed from the local all-you-can-eat sushi bar! I've also been known to post about baby sloths, meerkats, raccoons and jaguars on Facebook. Basically if it's a baby and cute, I want it!
  9. Cookouts! We just had one at work to celebrate the upcoming 4th of July holiday and it was all sooooo tasty! What is it about a grilled hamburger that just makes you happy to be alive? And my homemade refrigerator pickles were a hit! Looking forward to more summer filled with tasty cookouts!
Honorable mention goes to Henry Cavill, Bradley Cooper and Matt Bomer! My boyfriends...  I love them all, but I think I gush over them enough and to include them on the actual list would be a bit obvious, no?post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment