Monday, July 8, 2013

The Ten Day You Challenge: 5 Foods


Five Foods? Those who know me, know I love to eat! Picking just five foods is harder than picking six places to go! But I'm not going to cheat and just list cuisines. Too easy!

Day Six: 5 Foods

  1. Chicken Marsala. Without question the Chicken Marsala at Carrabba's is one of my favorite things to eat. In fact, I went out to eat with the bestie this weekend and my plate looked exactly like this one!
    Chicken Marsala and Cavatappi Amatriciana from Carrabba's. Yum!
  2. Panang Curry. My sister and I used to frequent this Thai buffet in town. Just about every weekend we were there. I would try everything, but the trip was really about the Panang Chicken for me. That combination of sweet coconut milk and the spicy curry paste... Just thinking about it makes my mouth water! When the restaurant was closing permanently, I begged them to teach me to make Panang Curry. Turns out it's not hard at all! I make it pretty regularly and it still makes my mouth water every time!
    Mmmmm.... Panang Chicken!
  3. Sushi! Love it! I'm not a big fan of the kind with cream cheese in it, but I'll eat anything else. Favorites include the spider roll (with soft shell crab NOT spiders!), spicy tuna and  seafood salad!
    Spider Rolls may sound scary, but they are delicious!
  4. Frozen Greek Yogurt. I've mentioned on the blog how I've started Weight Watchers. I've been doing pretty well on it on the whole. Some days are better than others. And some days I just really, really want something sweet! I've always loved ice cream but buying it now is too much of a temptation. I can't have it in the house! Then, thanks to my Weight Watchers leader, I discovered frozen greek yogurt. At only 3 points apiece, a half cup of this tasty treat is every bit as creamy and decadent as a serving of ice cream. I love it and buy it regularly!
    My friend when I want a little something sweet... frozen greek yogurt!
  5. Fried Eggs. No food brings back as lovely and beautiful memories for me as the fried egg. My dad made them all the time. He didn't hang around the kitchen too much. He was more of a grill guy. But he DID love to cook a big breakfast! I can remember waking up to the smell of sausage patties cooking in the skillet, grits boiling on the stove and coffee brewing away... Smells like happy! 
    I don't eat the sausage patties anymore, but I think I'll love fried eggs until the day I die.
"Honey, how do you want your eggs cooked?" he'd ask. And I would respond that I wanted my eggs "with paint, daddy!" That meant fried over medium with a nice runny yolk that I could drag about my plate with the corner of my toast.

Many a mornin' was spent at the table eating our breakfasts. I never felt so close to him. I can't cook an egg without thinking of him and I can't eat them any other way than fried. Don't think I ever will.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment